Roast Pumpkin and Bacon Soup!
There is nothing better than getting home from work or training to a piping hot bowl of soul warming soup! This one pot meal can be made ahead of time and then reheated as you walk in the door or can be made fresh to pop on the table! It's healthy, warming and absolute comfort food whilst helping you to keep the winter sicknesses away!
So I’m not the follow a recipe type so all measurements are estimates! I am the 'wing it' cooking type.
- Cut up one butternut pumpkin and one sweet potato into cubes and place on a baking tray with one onion and 3 garlic cloves.
- Lay the bacon over the top of the veggies
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, a dash of coconut oil and roast until soft and slightly crispy
- Pop all of it into a deep soup pot and cover with vegie stock. Enough to cover all the veggies and bacon. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer on low for about an hour.
- Take off heat and blitz with a hand blender. Stir through cream (or omit if you’re DF) then laddle into bowls.
- Swirl some cream on top for fun, add some pepper and enjoy whilst binging on Netflix with a side of sourdough